12th May, 2017
To, All Members,
Sub: IATO – Updates this week – 8th to 13th May, 2017
This is to update you on IATO activities this week, which are as under:-
1. IATO filed a writ Petition in the Delhi High Court challenging the ASI Revised Guide Policy on 11th May, 2017.
2. IATO EC members called on new Secretary, Ministry of Tourism Mrs. Rashmi Verma, IAS on Friday the 12th May, 2017 for a courtesy call and reassuring IATO’s full cooperation in all the efforts of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. She took over charge on 11th May forenoon.
3. IATO EC members attended 6 meetings in the Ministry of Tourism related to Digitalization transactions made by foreign tourists in India and MOT’s target to have minimum 2 crore by March 2018. IATO gave valuable inputs in the matter, Niche tourism (golfing events) Hospitality schemes of MOT & IATO participation BIMSTEC event in India and Market Research Surveys etc.
4. IATO arranged to get a copy of the guidelines framed by the Ministry of Tourism for handling Ministry sponsored Hospitality guests (which remained pending since April 2016). The same is now being circulated to members.
6. Information about International exhibitions/travel marts, where India Tourism offices are participating has been circulated to members. So far information has been received from Indiatourism offices in Singapore, Beijing, Paris and Dubai. Details from other offices are awaited and shall be circulated as and when received. This is to facilitate our members to decide their participation as per their market choice. This is also in-pursuant of the request made by members in the last active members meeting to obtain details from the respective India Tourism offices overseas.
7. IATO’s new look Membership Certificates are under print. These will be issued soon to members who have paid their annual subscription. Members who have not paid their annual subscription are requested to send the same at the earliest. Members who have not received invoice may get in touch with the IATO office or write to email@example.com
8. All members are requested to submit a copy of their Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India approval letter for updating IATO’s record. Some of our members have still not sent us the same. This may kindly be done by 31st May 2017.