DEL/285/2016 21st July, 2016
To, All IATO Members,
Sub: Regional Connectivity Scheme - Inputs to be given to Ministry of Civil Aviation
Greeting from IATO!
With the release of new Civil Aviation Policy, Government is planning to support Airlines for small routes and utilizing unused airports/air strips within the distance of 550 km with maximum one hour flying time. This is being done under Regional Connectivity Scheme of the Government. Tourist shall pay maximum of Rs. 2500 per sector or less at a fixed rate of depending upon distance covered. Government shall activate such unused air ports / air strips at their own cost. The Aircrafts will be allowed minimum seat capacity and maximum of 80 seats. Permission for routes will be granted for every six months on all India basis.
One of our major issue is regional air-connectivity between our key tourist destinations. This is really an opportunity to enhance tourism by having air services specially, utilizing the inactive airports and diversify the tourism experience. We would request you all to give your inputs/suggestions on the following:
1. Tourist attraction points and nearest Airport you want to develop.
2. How many seats Tourism Industry can fill up.
3. What would be the capacity of aircraft will help.
4. What would be the operational season, period of the year or if it is round the year.
5. Adventure tourism air fields/ helipads for Helicopter services.
6. Routing can be on circular route basis maximum of 10 hours of aircraft flying in a day with minimum of one non used airport or air strip is must. i.e. Agra - Jhansi - Khajuraho- Varanasi and vice versa.
7. You can give any other suggestions also we shall try to incorporate the same in our suggestions.
This may kindly be treated as MOST URGENT. Please ensure that your reply should reach us latest by Monday, 25th July, 2016 by 1600 hrs
Thanks & regards