18th September 2017
To, All Members (Tour Operators and Travel Agents)
Sub: 1st IATO Outbound Convention, 2 – 5 October 2017 at Colombo, Sri Lanka
As we have informed you, IATO in association with Sri Lanka Convention Bureau is organizing the 1st IATO Outbound Tourism Convention from 2nd to 5th October 2017 in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The theme of the convention is “Regional Tourism – Beyond Boundaries”
Tour operator/Travel agent members who are doing Outbound Tourism and want to promote Sri Lanka in their packages may attend the convention. This convention is being organized to facilitate our members to experience Sri Lanka and fulfill the rising aspirations of outbound market crave for Indians looking for experimental tours. As world looks for new growth opportunities, this convention will serve, how Sri Lanka is designed to offer an unusual peep into country’s unique culture, touristic heritage, cuisine, shopping and prosper from World’s Largest consumer markets.
The inauguration of the convention is on Monday, the 2nd October at 6 pm at The Taj Samudra, Colombo. Provisional programme of the convention is attached.
2. Registration for the convention:- Attached please find the registration form with all the details. Maximum two delegates are permitted to register on sharing a twin bedded room. If spouse is accompanying, only one registration from a company will be accepted. In case of accompanying spouses, no additional registration charges are payable and spouse will be complimentary.
While online registration will take 2-3 days, may we request our members in Delhi to send their registration form by hand along with cheque of Rs. 5000/- per delegate in favour of Indian Association of Tour Operators.
Outstation members can send their registration form by email and pay the registration fee by bank transfer through NEFT/IMPS on IATO’s account as per following:-
Payee Name: Indian Association of Tour Operators
Bank Name: ICICI BANK LTD
Receiving Branch's IFSC: ICIC0006291
Branch Name: KAROL BAGH
Account Number: 629101104589
Account Type: Saving Bank Account
Note: Kindly send us the bank advice and transaction detail after transfer of payment.
2. Accommodation:- The accommodation for 3 nights from 2nd to 5th October 2017 is being hosted by Sri Lanka Convention Bureau at Taj Samudra, The Galle Face Hotel and the Ramada Colombo.
For additional nights special rates have been obtained for delegates who wish to arrive before 2nd October and would like to stay after 5th October 2017 as per following and would be payable directly to the hotel.
|Name of the Hotel
Single with breakfast per night (in USD)
Double with breakfast per night (in USD)
Pre and Post convention accommodation will be provided only at the same hotel where delegate is staying during the convention and room rent to be paid directly to the hotel. (In case of no show, hotel will charge retention charges).
3. Special Fare on SriLankan Airlines:- SriLankan Airlines has offered the following special fares for the delegates attending the convention:-
• INR 15000 inclusive of taxes from Delhi/Mumbai/Kolkata to Colombo and back.
• INR 10000 inclusive of taxes from Vishakhapatnam/Hyderabad/Chennai/Trichy/Kochi/ Thiruvananthapuram/Bangalore to Colombo and back.
We have requested SriLankan Airlines to give us special fares from sector Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Trichy, Bangalore to Colombo also and shall inform you soon.
Kindly send your request for availing special fare on SriLanka Airlines on email id firstname.lastname@example.org
with travel details. On receipt of your request, we shall send you the authority letter. On production of the authority letter to the Station Manager of SriLankan Airlines, you can get your ticket issued.
6. Post Convention Tours:- Various post convention tours are being organized as per the details attached. All these post tours are optional and on payment. Rates given in the Post Convention Tour details are for minimum two paying pax and on twin sharing basis except for post tour no. 1 where no accommodation is involved. Tour cost will decrease depending upon the numbers in each tour. All post tours are being handled by M/s. Aitken Spence PLC, Colombo, Sri Lanka. All payments for the post tours is payable directly to M/s. Aitken Spence, upon arrival in Colombo on 2nd October 2017.
7. Spouse Tour and City Tour:- Following Spouse Tour and City Tour are being organized and will be complimentary by IATO:-
1) 3rd October 2017 - Half day Shopping tour for spouses at 02.00 pm
2) 4th October 2017 - Half day city tour for all the delegate at 09:30 am
8. Arrival and Departure Transfers:- Will be provided by IATO for arrivals only on 1st and 2nd October and for departures on 4th October (late evening) and 5th October 2017 provided flight details are given to IATO.
Since time is short, may we request you to kindly register immediately for smooth operation and planning of the convention.
We look forward to your participation.
With best wishes,
Subhash Goyal Amaresh Tiwari Rajiv Mehra
Chairman Convention Co-Chairman Convention Vice President
Click here to see the document
Click here to see the document