IATO 7th Convention - Jaipur, 11-13 May 1990, Jai Mahal Palace
Theme: Tourism: are we serious?
President: O P Ahuja, Holiday Makers (I) Pvt Ltd
Convention Chairman: Capt. Swadesh Kumar, Shikhar Travels Pvt Ltd
Hall of Fame: Award was presented to Edmund Hillary and Kundan Lal, Moti Mahal Restaurant
A brief detail:
- Special Super Summer Savers Packages with Air India, Indian Airlines and Hotel Industry to promote India as Round the Year destination.
- Liberal Frontier formalities and facilitation at the international airports.
- As Jaipur is one of the prime tourist destinations, upkeep and maintenance of tourist sites in Jaipur.
- Deliberations also focused on industry issues.
- Sought fiscal incentives for the travel industry.
The Hall of Fame Award was presented to Edmund Hillary and Kundan Lal, Moti Mahal Restaurant, for bringing Tandoori Chicken as specialty Indian cuisine with Mughal heritage and made it popular all over the globe.