IATO 19th Convention - Hyderabad, 27-30 April, 2003, Ramoji Film City
Theme: Indian Tourism-on the Turnaround
President: Maharaj IS Wahi, Travel Promotion Bureau Pvt. Ltd.
Convention Chairman: Vijay Thakur, India Vision Tours and Travels
Co-Chairman: Arun Anand, Midtown Travels Pvt. Ltd. & Lally Mathews, Vacation Travels & Tours Pvt. Ltd.
Chief Guest: N. Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
A brief detail:
- N. Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh inaugurated the Convention.
- Keynote Address: Yogesh Chandra, Former Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Bhavnben D Chikhalia, Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture, inaugurated the Indian Tourism Fair.
- Valedictory Address: MP Bezbaruah, Ex-Secretary Tourism, Govt. of India
- Hall of Fame award: Jagmohan, Union Minister for Tourism & Culture.
- Trends and opportunities
- Marketing Strategies for Growth.
- Competitive Transportation System.
- Key to Tourism Growth.
- MICE Tourism- The Future.
- Look South- Showcasing the Southern States.
- One of the recommendations made was to take immediate steps to remove dual tariffs and reduce the levies on ATA and Inland Air Travel Tax(IATT) to make India a tourism friendly destination
- There was a need to give major push to intra-regional tourism.
- The potential for developing world class circuits in the South to be tapped primarily by the Southern States with the Centre playing a supporting role.
- NRI’s should be encouraged to act as brand ambassadors and active promoters of tourism in key markets.
- First Maharashtra Chapter Meeting in Mumbai 2003.